38th annual Psotkov Memoriál
SHS James (Slovak Mountaineering Association)
OZ Psotkov Memoriál
THS-DZ ( group of the High Tatras rescue volunteers)
HK Slávia STU Bratislava
7:30 AM – Cross-country skiing area SNOW – Štrba – Štrbské Pleso
GPS coordination: 49.1280206N, 20.0602031E
Cross-country skiing area SNOW – Štrba – Štrbské Pleso
EXTREME 38km / 2500m+
BASIC 26km / 1600m+
Cut off time (Time barrier) for BASIC course is 6 hours and
Cut off time (Time barrier) for EXTREME course is 8 hours
Online registration only via pretekaj.sk and is limited to 200 race entries combined for the both Races.
Terms and Conditions of online registration:
- You can register through pretekaj.sk
- Registration is only available for a limited number of 200 participants, together for both races. Once the capacity of 200 is reached, registration will be automatically closed.
- Registration is completed only after the entry fee has been paid.
- To apply a discount to SHS James members, it is necessary to enter the JAMES password into the registration form.
- Each participant must reach the age of 18 years at the day of the start.
- The minimum number of runners is 70 for the BASIC and 30 for the EXTREME.
- In case the participation limit of 200 participants is not met after the closing of online registration on the 10.10.2023, registration on the day will be possible until the limit is met.
- The condition for online registration is consent of the participant to the processing of personal data in accordance with act No. 18/2018 Coll. (Act on the Protection of Personal Data and on Amendments to Certain Acts) and also in accordance with Regulation No. 2016/679 of the EP and the Council of the EU No. 2016/679 (On the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data).
BASIC 26km / 1600m+
Štrbské pleso (Cross-country skiing area SNOW) – Jamské pleso – Krivánskom žľabe crossroads – Tri studničky – Važecká chata – Furkotská dolina crossroads – Škutnastá poľana – Chata pod Soliskom – Štrbské pleso čerpačka – Štrbské pleso (Cross-country skiing area SNOW)
Download GPX for BASIC race
EXTREME 38km / 2500m+
Štrbské pleso (Cross-country skiing area SNOW) – Jamské pleso – Krivánskom žľabe crossroads – Tri studničky – Važecká chata – Furkotská dolina crossroads – Škutnastá poľana – Chata pod Soliskom – „Esíčko“ (vrch) – Štrbské pleso (the base of the chairlift station) – Mlynická dolina – sedlo Bystrá lávka – Furkotská dolina – Škutnastá poľana – Chata pod Soliskom – Štrbské pleso čerpačka – Štrbské pleso (Cross-country skiing area SNOW)
Download GPX for EXTREME race
More detailed information about the course is HERE.
BASIC race: “start-to-finish” style
EXTREME race: a “rally” style with 4 checkpoints
Checkpoints on the EXTREME course:
- START – Crossroads in Krivánsky žlab
- Tri Studničky Aid Station – Chalet below Solisko
- Mlynická dolina Aid Station – lake Capie pleso
- Štrbské pleso čerpačka – FINISH
90% of the course leads along marked hiking trails, 10% on grassy cross-country trails and gravel.
BASIC – Tri Studničky (13 km), Chalet under Solisko (water only)
EXTREME – Tri Studničky (13 km), Chalet under Solisko (water only), Štrbské pleso (the base of the chairlift station, 25 km), Chalet under Solisko (water only)
Cut off times:
BASIC – 6 hours
EXTREME – 8 hours
Cut off times as well as Time limits at Tri Studničky Aid Station and on Mlynická Valley Aid Station will be specified before the race according to current conditions.
A – MEN (men, year of birth 1974 – 2005)
B – WOMEN (women, year of birth 1984 – 2005)
C – VETERANS (men, year of birth 1973 and earlier)
D – VETERANS (women, year of birth 1983 and earlier)
If the minimum number of 5 runners in the VETERANS men category and 5 runners in the VETERANS women category on both, BASIC and EXTREME race are not filled, the category will be cancelled.
until 31.8.2023 50 € (members of SHS James 45 €)
1.9.2023 – 10.10.2023 60 €
The entry fee is the same for both, BASIC and EXTREME race.
- The discount of the entry fee applies to members of the SHS James who have paid their membership fee for year 2023. Check of the valid member cards shall be carried out during the registration on Friday 13.10.2023.
- The entry fee covers: expenses to finance and organize the event, BIB, chip, refreshments during the race, food and drink at the finish line, badge, track security and supervision of THS-DZ, start package for each participant.
- The entry fee does not provide insurance in the mountains for the intervention of the HZS. The valid insurance is a condition for participation in the event!
- It is not possible to refund or transfer of the paid entry fee to the next year, but it can be transferred to another person via pretekaj.sk and a the transfer fee 10€ is charged.
- In the event that, as in 2020, force majeure intervenes and the organizer is forced to cancel the event for objective reasons earlier than 4 weeks before the start (until 14.9.2023), the organizer will refund the entry fee of 90% of the paid amount. In case of cancellation of the event after 14.9.2023, the organizer will refund the entry fee of 50% of the paid amount.
Protests can be submitted to the chief arbitrator within 30 minutes of the preliminary announcement of the results. There is a protest fee €15.00 to be paid to the main arbitrator. If the protest is justified, the fee will be refunded.
Presentation for the race and collection of BIB and start packages will take place on Friday 13.10.2023 at the start Cross-country skiing area SNOW, or after agreement with one of our partners.
The start of the race is scheduled at 7:30 AM. We will submit more information about the program and timetable on an ongoing basis, as we are still working on it.
Follow our website, Facebook and Instagram profiles for updates and all the news.
Mandatory equipment checklist:
- personal identity document and insurance card
- wind and water-resistant jacket with membrane
- headgear (cap, scarf …)
- thin gloves
- 0.5 liter of liquid in a bottle or water reservoir
- a cup for water
- something small to eat (bar, fruit, chocolate, bacon, …)
- charged mobile phone to the number indicated in the registration form
- foil blanket
- mountain insurance for HZS intervention valid for the duration of the event
The mandatory gear will be checked for each participant during the presentation. Without complete mandatory equipment, the participant will not be issued with a starting number.
Additional mandatory equipment (cold weather kit):
- knee-covering long trousers
- insulated windbreaker
- cap covering the ears
- waterproof warm gloves
- crampons or non-slip chains
In the event of necessity to use additional mandatory gear, the equipment shall be checked for each participant on the start line. No participant will be allowed to start without having additional mandatory equipment. Both mandatory and additional mandatory equipment can be spot-checked during the race and its absence will result in disqualification of the racer.
Storing of personal belongings:
A safe area will be set up at the point of start to store personal belongings.
- Each participant will be asked to prove their identity during the presentation with a valid personal identity document, a valid insurance for the intervention of the HZS and to sign a document that participation in the event is voluntary, their own responsibility and at their own risk.
- After 31.8.2023 it will no longer be possible to change the type of the course (from BASIC to EXTREME or vice versa).
- The race will take place in all weather conditions.
- In case of bad weather, the organizer reserves the right to shorten the route or choose a replacement route and declare the need to use additional mandatory equipment, which the organizer may require in case of adverse conditions on the day.
- The Organizer reserves the right to interrupt the race or even cancel the race prematurely if circumstances require so.
- The course of the race leads primarily along marked hiking trails. For this reason, there will be no more additional route markings (except for the short area leading on cross-country skiing courses Štrbské Pleso and the „Esíčko“ Piste, which will be marked).
- Someone else’s aid carrying of the compulsory equipment, shortening the course, or veering off the marked pavement, intentional littering – throwing away garbage(litter / rubbish) on the route, will result in uncompromising disqualification! Please do not make us do this.
- The total cut off times of the race and STOP times at the crossroads to Furkotská dolina and before Mlynická dolina can be adjusted before the start, weather depending and due to condition of the terrain.
- Runners who fail to meet the limit on individual checks set by the organizer are obliged to hand over the BIB.
- In case of early withdrawal from the race, the competitors are obliged to notify this fact at the closest Aid station or Check point, or by phone to the organizer’s number, which they will receive at the presentation.
- A runner without a BIB number is no more a participant of the race. From that moment they move along the course like a standard visitor.
- All participants of the race start at their own risk and the organizer recommends passing a medical examination before the race.
- Health care will be provided by HZS throughout the course of the race. If necessary, the competitors are obliged to provide each other with first aid.
There are many accommodation options around Štrbské Pleso.
There are several parking options in paid car parks near the start.